I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist. Utilizing my training as a neuroscientist and clinical psychologist, along with my M.B.A. in Healthcare Administration, I have dedicated my life to advancing the treatment of stress-related disorders. I believe in the brain’s ability to transcend and transform the complex and beautiful relationship between nature and nurture. I serve as a consultant for trauma treatment programs and founded Viva Excellence to provide cutting edge trainings that bring together the newest advancement in trauma treatment for comprehensive results. I was the first Certified Practitioner and am the first Certified Trainer of the Havening Techniques™in Los Angeles, California. I have a private practice in Pasadena, CA where I specialize in the most effective and efficient treatments empowering people to Live Their Excellence. Visit www.DrTruitt.com to learn more.
My clinical practice and scientific studies have led me to specialize in the treatment of PTSD/Complex Trauma, and other stress-related disorders. My research is on brain health during the recovery process, treatment outcomes, and psychophysiology. I know that when we choose to let moments of adversity strengthen us, we are choosing to be our strongest and most empowered selves. In my private practice, I strive to create an empowering environment for my clients, guiding them through their transformational journey as they seek and obtain their fulfilled life. I empower my client's through the incorporation of traditional psychotherapy methods such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness with the newest advances in brain science.
I am a member of the Los Angeles County Psychological Association (LACPA), American Psychological Association (APA), American Cognitive Training Association (ACTA), San Gabriel Valley Psychological Association (SGVPA), and Sigma Zi (The Scientific Research Society)
Creating Possibilities Using Positive Memories
- Assess what emotion you would like to currently be experiencing, or would like to carry with you into an experience. Recall a time where you felt that emotion.
- While applying the Havening Touch (face, hands, and arms in any order)focus on that emotion and ask the question “What if I was _______?”; repeat the statement 5 times
- Continue Havening, focus on that emotion and change statement to “I can be/I will be/I deserve to be _______”; repeat 5 times
- Continue Havening, focus on that emotion and change statement to “I am _______”; repeat 5 times
- Repeat the cycle of three statements until the desired feeling is present.
While applying the Havening Touch (face, hands, and arms in any order) image sitting on a beach and watching the waves gently rolling in. Each wave brings peace and, as it rolls out, carries away your stress. Say the word "Peaceful" with each wave as it rolls in and “calm" as it returns to the ocean.